Sunday, June 19, 2011

T-bones

Whelp, we started with t-bones. They are probably my second favorite cut, but they sounded so delicious when I was unloading everything into the freezer.


I want to make sure that you all know the first most amazing thing about this year of steer, and that is this: each one of these cuts is wrapped by hand (double paper and then a separating sheet)! The ground beef, I think, is this only part of the 311lbs that went into packaging not lovingly hand crafted (photos to follow when I cook with some).


These puppies were *big*. I only put some soy sauce on them and then let them stay out at room temperature for an hour before grilling. No pepper. No salt. Just Soy. Side dish prep involved zucchini obtained at the farmer's market today in a little olive oil on the grill.


I only use gas grills for smoking. All else goes on coals. I stopped using mesquite because the little flecks of red-hot-dead-tree hit the deck and made black marks. So, Kingsford briquettes are better for the value of the house. I cracked a beer, Lagunitas Czech Style Pilsner, and stood on the deck in the early evening sun to bring these steaks to tasty life after death.

And, boy! What a taste sensation! Amazing beefiness and so clean tasting; nothing heavy here. A wonderful start to a year long relationship that is destined to bring many happy meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment